Deepen your knowledge and strengthen your professional skills at this year’s free and premium workshops run by top speakers from around the world. Don't miss the chance to work with other professionals and exchange ideas after the session over refreshments.
Harry Roberts is preparing for you a brand new workshop.
Smart Responsive Interface Design Patterns, 2020 Edition
Are you ready for a design challenge? In this brand new workshop, Vitaly Friedman, creative lead and front-end/UI consultant behind Smashing Magazine, will be taking a microscopic examination of common interface components and problems appearing in responsive user interfaces. In this workshop, we’ll be spending an entire day drawing and designing responsive interfaces, starting from accordions, to date/time pickers, sliders, feature comparisons, car configurators all the way to insurance calculators and trip planners.
The workshop is intended for intermediate/advanced designers and developers who have an understanding of responsive design, interface design and mobile design. Most techniques are borrowed from mid-size and large-scale real-life projects, such as large eCommerce projects, online magazines and web applications. We won't cover the basics, instead, the workshop covers more advanced — and often obscure and innovative techniques.
WHAT WILL THE WORKSHOP COVER?
- Insights into how people interact with mobile interfaces and what it means for thumb-optimized designs
- Navigation, with accordions, mega-drop-downs, breadcrumbs, carousels and filters,
- Builders and customizers, diving into details of a car configurator and a mobile plan builder,
- Forms, with email verification, password input, country selector, sliders, error validation, incl. public transportation and a banking transaction UI,
- Date pickers, date range picker and a time picker, incl. booking an appointment and booking an airline ticket,
- Calendars, with a multi-track schedule, TV Guide schedule, music festival schedule, exhibition calendar, spreadsheets and dashboard,
- Tables, with a feature comparison table, currency exchange calculator, pricing plans,
- Timelines, with a historical timelines, soccer game signature and live leaderboard and standings,
- Maps / Data Visualization, with a shopping mall map, election map, smart region input.
- Onboarding and offboarding UX for higher conversion and retention rates,
- Search, with autocomplete, filters, search results,
- Audio/Video, with a video player UI and audio-based input,
- Authentication patterns, CAPTCHA and 2-factor-authentication,
- Privacy UX, incl. GDPR cookie consent prompts, push notifications, pop-ups, permissions UX and data management,
- Footnotes and sidenotes in magazine articles,
- Seat selection, for a concert/theatre/exhibition and a perfect airplane check-in,
- Responsive art direction with practical techniques, strategies and examples for less generic solutions,
- Responsive PDF for documents and restaurant menus,
- Offline UX techniques and strategies,
- Design anti-patterns to avoid to prevent running into maintenance issues and “slow UX decay”.
How to Build a messenger chatbot that converts
The use of messaging platforms is higher than ever before. The number of users using chat Apps and the time spend there increase exponentially year by year. It is starting to become essential to include messenger in any marketing strategy, and together with messenger are coming chatbots. To have a proper chatbot adapted to your business and converting well it is important to have a clear strategy behind.
In this workshop, Tomás will cover the design of a full messenger marketing funnel, following a structure and strategy easy to replicate. We will focus on playing safe with the facebook rules while building messenger chatbot that converts, always with the end-user experience present. The workshop will be base on manychat tool.
Sketching for UX Designers
Sketching should be an inherent part of a design process, it's an essential skill to develop for anyone designing digital products or services. By the end of this intense, 2-hour long UX sketching workshop, you will be able to sketch user interfaces, user flows and storyboards, and you'll also get a lot of tips on sketching more efficiently, and on how to work on your sketching skills after the workshop.